- Mar. 1988   Doctor of Engineering (Ph.D).
- Apr. 1987 - Mar. 1989   Post doctoral fellow of Japan Society of Promotion of Science.
- Apr. 1989 - Mar. 1989   Assistant Professor at Utsunomiya Univ., Faculty of Eng., Dept. of Information Science.
- Apr. 1991 - Mar. 1994   Assistant Professor at Univ. of Tokyo, Faculty of Eng., Dept. of Mathematical Engineering and Information Physics.
- Apr. 1994 - Sept. 1998   Lecturer at Univ. of Tsukuba, Institute of Information Science and Electronics.
- Oct. 1998 - Mar. 1999   Associate Professor at Univ. of Tsukuba, Institute of Information Science and Electronics.
- Apr. 1999 - Mar. 2004   Associate Professor at Univ. of Tsukuba, Institute of Engineering Systems and Machanics.
- Apr. 2004 - Apr. 2006   Associate Professor at Univ. of Tsukuba, Graduate School of System and Information Engineering, Department of Information Interaction Technology.
- May 2006 - up to now   Professor at Univ. of Tsukuba, Graduate School of System and Information Engineering, Department of Information Interaction Technology.
- Apr. 2009 The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education,Culture, Sports, Science and Technology - Prizes for Science and Technology(Public Understanding Promotion Category)[Domestic]
- For promotion of public understanding on robotics through writing the educational text books on robotic technologies.
- Jun. 2008Robotics and Mechatronics Academic Achievement Award [Domestic]
- For dedicated study on control and planning for mobile robots, and for contribution to mobile robot system and sensing to realize navigation in the environments.
- Jun. 2008 Robotics and Mechatronics Division, Certificate of Merit for ROBOMEC Outstanding Research Activity [Domestic]
- Award for 'Eijiro TAKEUCHI and Takashi TSUBOUCHI, "A Development of a Localization and an Obstacle Detection Middleware Towards a Mobile Robot Operating System.(ROBOMEC2007)"'
- Apr. 2008 JSME Education Award [Domestic]
- Distinguished Text books of "Creative Robot Design A : For Novice Robotics Engineers, Creative Robot Design B : Deepen your Ideas for Robotic Engineering, and Creative Robot Design C : Beginning Robot Control and Embedding Computers."
- Dec. 2007 System Integration Award for Outstanding Young Researchers[Domestic]
- This award was presented for 'Shenglong WU, Eijiro TAKEUCHI, Takashi TSUBOUCHI and Eiji KOYANAGI, "Object Transportation System by Multiple Omni-Directional Mobile Robots -Relative Position Estimation using Velocity Measurement-"' which appeared at the annual conference in SICE SI division, in December 2007.
- Nov. 2007 Tsukuba Mayoral Award[Domestic]
- At "Tsukuba challenge" event, the mission to run autonomously for 1km on public street was accomplished by the mobile robot of the lab.
- May 2007 Robotics and Mechatronics Division, Certificate of Merit for ROBOMEC Outstanding Research Activity[Domestic]
- Merit for outstanding research activity presented for 'Eijiro TAKEUCHI and Takashi TSUBOUCHI, "A Fast Scan Matching in 3-D Space using 3D Normal Distributions Transform for Mobile Robotic Mapping"' at the 11th Robotics Symposia 2006.
- Oct. 2006 ISARC 2006 Best Paper Award[Domestic]
- International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction , Best Paper Award for 'S.Sarata, N. Koyachi, T. Tsubouchi et al, "Development of Autonomous System for Loading Operation by Wheel Loader"' presented in this Symposium.
- May 2006 Robotics and Mechatronics Division, Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Contribution [Domestic]
- Merit for outstanding contribution as a Program Chair for the "Robotics and Mechatronics Conference" which was held in 2005, Kobe.
- Sept. 2005 Young Investigation Excellence Awards [Domestic]
- Award for 'Ohno, Tsubouchi and Yuta, "Landmarks Map Building based on 3D Structure Date of Outdoor Environment, (9th Robotics Symposia) "
- Jul. 2005 IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Japan Chapter Award[Domestic]
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Japan Chapter , Award for the 1st place on Advanced Mobility Challenge Competition at Rescue Robot League, in RoboCup 2005 Osaka.
- 2000 IEEE Educational Activities Board, Recognition of and Appreciation for Valued Services and Contributions [Overseas]
- IEEE Merit for the work on Educational Committee in Robotics and Autometion Society, IEEE.